God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sandpoint Shuts Down for the 50's



(Thought I might share these photos I already have on my computer...the first one is of my Grammy and Grandad, with my Uncle Jerry on top of the trailer, taken in 1948 - The bottom picture is of me and my mom in November in 1982!!)

Today was a great day. We all woke up and started our day as usual. Melina had been invited to go to Silverwood by a friend she met at our home school co-op classes. So she was excited and left with her friend around 9:45am. Jade, Olline and I left after that to work our way into the busy town of Sandpoint! We had to park at our bank in town because there are no available spots in the town! We walked to the Farmers Market (right in the middle of Sandpoints main area) and met up with our friends Rich and Kelly. WOW! I had never seen Sandpoint so busy, only maybe for the 4th of July! All the cool old cars are parked everywhere up and down the streets of our town! The main road was shut down so that "we the people" of Sandpoint could walk and enjoy looking at all the wonderful cars. I would love to show pictures, but again my computer is not letting me download anything! (There's always computer issues:() I will try and get them going, but it may take me a couple days.
Anyways, the day was perfect. The sun was bright and hot (we all got a little sun burn :( and we were in great company. We walked the street for about 3 hours and then headed home.
When we got back we sold the SUBARU!!! Jade just posted our Subaru on the internet Thursday, I believe, and it sold today! That is great. PTL!

I read my book for a little while (I'm reading The Lady Elizabeth -Queen Elizabeth) and waited for Melina to come back from Silverwood. She returned around 5:00pm and we then hopped in Jades truck one more time to see if our boat dock was ready for our boat at the City Beach! NO...not yet. But maybe by next weekend we will have our boat in the water in our boat slip.
So that was our day. We thank the Lord for protecting us and giving us such blessings.
Love all our family lots! God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...