God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

Check us out! Diana, Jeremy, and Jennifer! 1980's

My sweet brother Jeremy with his Star Wars JEDI toys! 1984

What a busy four day weekend. Jade was off Friday - Monday! So we spent every moment doing something! We even got our boat in the water! It is now floating in the water at our dock. We just love that boat and are so thankful for it.

I was also busy fixing up old dressers for the girls. I had no plans on keeping the old one of Melina's. However, why would I go and buy another used one for Olline when Melina had one right there? So I started sanding it down (it was so ugly with a dark wood like stain) just to see if it was worth saving. So, after doing all of Melina's...Olline's was next. I am still working on it. I just finished painting the last two drawers! After that dries I am going to see if I can custom make her knobs. We did Melina's knobs in real shells!!! I am still working on hers too! So when all is done I am hoping to get photos for you all. WOW! That is hard work but so enjoyable.

Yesterday's weather was so fantastic. I got up at 5am to get things ready for our boat trip on the lake. We got the girls up at 5:45am! When we were finally on the boat it was 7:30am. It was perfect. We spent the whole day on the lake. I believe we were out there for 7 1/2 hours!! That is a long time. The lake is still too cold for swimming, but we fished instead. We got NOTHING! I am not sure there is fish down there. Jade says that we are trolling to fast. However, it was so fun. The girls did very well also. The played, watched about 15 minutes of a movie, argued, laughed, played Nintendo DS, and ate! They even dipped their toes in the water. We even went to have lunch at the Bottle Bay Restaurant. It was yummy! The best fish and chips anywhere!

So when we got home at about 3:30pm Jade and I crashed! We have been moving non-stop all weekend and that just about did us in. We slept for 3 hours! The girls just played in the house. I didn't think I was going to pass out like that! See what too much sun does to you?! Speaking of sun...Jade burnt his body! He had sunscreen on his face, but nothing on his chest or back! He had taken his shirt off for a bit and forgot more sunscreen. You would think that we would learn! The girls were protected though! PTL!

SO...I have been trying to get my house cleaned up a little today. I have been doing other things, but not my house! It can get messy so fast.

Well, that is about it. The girls will be swimming at 3pm today. Looking forward to that. So I hope all our families are having a great day. Love you all! God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...