God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's August!

I can't believe it is August. I just can't. Or maybe I don't want it to be. Seems that summer just started and I want more of July. It's okay. I am not down about it, just in disbelief.

We have had great sunny days...with a few curious looking clouds floating around. In the Spokane area, they have had lots of storms. The storms are just far enough away to pass us by. We could use a bit of that rain though. However, this is the first year that I have noticed that our lawn is staying somewhat green! It is gorgeous everyday and I am so thankful for my yard. Our garden seems to be doing well also. We have been picking raspberries like crazy! It is wonderful. Maybe I need to make a pie or muffins.

Well, I have to tell a funny story. Not funny at the time. Yesterday I had my great friend Sarah and her children over for lunch. We made homemade pizza in the oven. All went well and I did it without too many mistakes. It was good pizza. Well, Sarah and her husband like to cook most of their stuff in the summer on the BBQ. So she gave me the idea of putting my pizza stone on the BBQ and do it that way, so I don't have to heat the house up! So I go and start the BBQ, got my stone on it, and started to put the pizza together in the house. I transferred my pizza to the stone and when I got out there the whole BBQ was on fire! Well the burners were! It all went up in flames, so my crust on the pizza was like black tar! It was smoking everywhere! My pizza stone is a black mess and I hope that it isn't ruined! So, I was mad! I just baked the other pizza in the house, which heated the house up, defeating the whole purpose. We all ate pizza and we salvaged the burnt one by cutting off the bottom. It tasted like a campfire! Well, I wish I had pictures to share, but I was trying to calm down my fire, inside my heart and on the BBQ.

Also, I just have to share. I have two good friends that both live on the other side of the long bridge...they both have chickens and they both gave me EGGS!!!! I am in heaven! Yes, I am going to have an egg salad sandwich on my homemade bread today! YUMMMMM! Thank you to my girl friends for your eggs. I appreciate it so much! I have 29 farm fresh eggs! Weeee!

So today, I think I will go through the house and pull out stuff to sell at our garage sale we are suppose to have on the 7th! I am so not ready. Jade and I thought we should try and get rid of a few things. So, I need to get to work. I know this house is full of stuff to get rid of!

It is a beautiful day. Suppose to be in the upper 80's. I have my two beautiful girls with me and maybe they will help me clean out the house!

Well, may our Lord be with all of you today!

If we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us! 1 John 4:12

1 comment:

  1. As an answer to your Q we did make some of the costumes. We made Kaya's and Kirsten's. It was a really fun party.

    ~Hannah Rebekah
    P.S.I sew that you have the Emma soundtrack on your blog, I ♥ that movie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...