God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Another day in Paradise

1943 - My Grandads Science class! See him on the far right in back row.

1936 - Lynn (my Grandma) and Frank Musil on horseback

1926-My Great Grandpa - Clyde David King

7-4-58 Did I share this one already? I just love it. My momma on her first bike!!!



I say Paradise, because, I heard rain this morning! It felt so good and it cools things down nicely! Plus, the sun is filtering through the clouds and it is gorgeous. Everything is green and that is rare for this time of year. We are just so blessed. Thank you Lord for our rain!

So our garage sale wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I was so hoping that we would be getting rid of more stuff. The town was so busy that weekend. There was the big Long Bridge Swim, a huge Art/Craft show at the city beach, the VA had some big yard sale going on, plus it seemed that there were a lot of signs for family garage sales. So...by the time the family's visited our sale, they were pinching pennies. I also don't think that with the "economy" people are wanting to buy too much junk. However, we came out ahead and I am thankful for that.

Yesterday, I wrote down all the left over things we still have and we will be donating it to the Animal Shelter, Love Inc. (place for women and families that have needs), and the Goodwill.

We have a few bigger items that we will place on Craigslist too. Wow...it's takes so much work to clean out your home! Our home is getting cleaner. Still organizing from going through our things. The girls closets are wonderful and clean...lets hope they stay that way.

The day before yesterday, Olline was asked to have a sleepover with a friend. So, after Melina and I dropped her off we had a girls day out. We went and had an Iced Mocha, Subway and a Movie!!! Then when dad got home we went out to a restaurant called the Dive. It is a bar type place, but it is open to the outdoors right in town. I wouldn't take my family there late at night, but for an early dinner it was perfect. They have pool and mechanical bull riding. I think Melina really wanted to bull ride! However, she did get to play a game of pool with her dad! Also, a few games of air hockey! It was a great day!

Then yesterday morning, since Olline was gone still, I woke Melina up and we went for a 5 mile run. Well, she rode her bike and I ran. Just us two! Perfect! Great way to start the day.

Now, we are about updated...already talked about our rain today. We have the stove repair man coming this morning. Not sure what time exactly...between 8-12. I really don't like waiting to have some stranger come to our home. Plus, Jade had a meeting so he won't be here!!! Sort of scary! But our stove will finally get fixed. It's been about 2 years that I have been without my main big burner. I am so excited. There was a recall on our brand of stove and so it will be free of charge! Yeah! My dad will be so happy to hear this.

Other than that...I will continue to clean up my home. Maybe make a loaf of bread after repairman is gone. And maybe just relax later. Maybe I will crochet!!! That sounds great.

Hope your day is wonderful. God Bless and remember He is why we are here. Live for Him and you will be blessed. We can find comfort in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...