God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Monday, July 11, 2011

Oldies but Goodies

Here is my Grandma (my dad's mom)...Isn't she cute? I believe this is in the 1940's, but I am not sure...I didn't have a date on this one. Look at that dress?! I would love to know where this was taken!



1960 - This is a picture of my Aunt Karen (left), cousin Hank (middle) and my momma Debby standing in the pool. They are HOT in Witchita, KS. I believe my mom is 8 years old here, same age as Olline. My Aunt Karen is 12, just like Melina! WOW! My mom remembers going in the little pool and it was fun to cool off in the hot heat. They had fire flies there and she would catch them in a jar!!! It was lots of fun.




1957 - Here is my momma and Grammy! I love my moms dress. Also in the back left is my moms baby buggy. She would push her dollies around in it! She was only 5 years old.




1914 (I believe) - my Great Grandma is to the left of this tree. We think she must have been about 15 to 17 years old. I LOVE THIS ONE!


Okay here is one of my favorites, though, most of them are...This is my Grandad! April 1940 - This is his New World Bike. He is 15 and worked hard to save money from his paper route. It cost quite a bit and had it all custom made. I sure wish and hope we can teach our girls the value of working hard and taking pride in all things.


I love old photos!


Hope you are having a great day...God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...