God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gryffon and Debra - Ladies or Men?

Here are better pictures of my confused chickens. I think I have decided to hang on to them until I truly hear the "cock-a-doodle do's". Otherwise, they will be dinner or a trade or two more "lady" chickens.

They have been truly fun though. I love going out to the coop everyday to see them. They run funny, make funny noises, they take super funny dust baths, and they are constantly entertaining us. Yes, chickens stink and poop EVERYWHERE they walk, but the fun and joy that we have so far seen is out weighing the negatives. Just can't wait for the eggs!!!



Debra or is it Delbert?


Check out the legs? Both of these chickens are a hybrid called "black sexlinks". I have seen this breed full grown and they look just like this as hens. So my chances of Debra being a girl are looking better. Maybe a 50/50 at this point.



Now Gryffon here...looks like a rooster to me. Gryffon is the same size as Debra and so I am totally unsure of whether she's a he...just have to wait and find out!


I mean look at that eye...doesn't Gryffon look like a rooster? So far all our chickens are super nice. There has been zero aggression. They will all be 3 months old at the end of this month. Hopefully we will never hear that "cock-a-doodle d0"!


1 Corinthians 16:13-14 - Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...