God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Friday, November 12, 2010

Mountains and Hoya

So, thought today would be a better day for school. However our girls are still sick. I think they are a bit better. Melina was able to shower and sometimes that helps. I will probably get Olline in the bath also and see if that boosts her energy. This week has been a slow depressing kind of week. I just don't like our girls being sick. I know it will end and we will all be feeling fantastic in no time. I suspect next week will be full force "busy" into schooling and swimming!
Our weather is beautiful. Gorgeous clouds have been rolling by over the mountains. It is a cold 40 degrees and I hear it will get colder. I love cold days with the sun shinning! Makes me feel good.

God Bless your day!
I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord's name for saving me.
I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people. Psalm 116:13-14
I took this today to show that there is a small amount of snow on this low mountain! Skiing and snowboarding here we come!!!

I like this picture just wish there weren't so many wires hanging in it! Dars snow in dem hills!



This is my Hoya plant. I am so excited about it because my mom-n-law gave my mom a start from her old and beautiful Hoya. My mom's slowly but surely grew into a big and healthy Hoya! I really wanted one and so during a trip out here, my mom gave me a start from her Hoya. Well, it lasted for a while, but ended up almost dieing. I pulled out the very small shoot I had and stuck it in a jar of water. Well, after maybe a year, I am getting my first bloom! Months ago I had a bloom starting, but it broke off. So sad! I have been babying this little start and have been enjoying it's beauty. It blooms about 8 flowers on one stem and in the center you can see it has purple/pinkish jewels! They hang down and if you had a bigger plant like both of my mom's, you would have a bunch of these to enjoy at once! Lovely!


I love my Hoya!

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely shots!! And congrats on your first bloom!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...