God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crocheting is Fun

Today I thought I would share a couple crochet projects I had been working on over the month. This first one I just finished today! It is a Tic Tac Toe board game. I found the pattern on Lion Brand.com and made a few adjustments. Instead of X's I did all O's. Blue and green O's. They were just easier to crochet and finish off. I thought it was going to be easier that I thought. It ended up being quite the project. I finished though and I am very proud of it!!! My girls think it is pretty cool also.
Before I got into the Tic Tac Toe project I made a weighted crocheted cat. I made her white to match my real cat Kiwi. It was a very easy and fun crochet project and I found that one on Lion Brand.com also. My mom is making one as well and I can't wait to see hers finished.
I love crocheting. Very therapeutic.
So today, I actually did a little weighted workout and got ready so my dear husband could take me out for lunch! Where did we go? We went to my FAVORITE PLACE...Joel's!!! Yeah to Joel's. They have the most yummy Mexican food. It is fresh and oh so tasty! The best part are their Jalapeno Poppers! Those poppers are the best EVER!!!! The sauce they are in...well, it's like HEAVEN! So I was a happy girl today! Thanks to my man!
Then Jade left for a day hunting trip. He and his hunting partner got ready to hunt in this super freezing weather! It was like 27 degrees with major winds. I am so glad I wasn't out there. I haven't heard from them yet, so I am praying that they are safe. They were hunting for deer and if they got one we will turn it into smokies!
Here are my crocheted goodies:


Here's the backside. I sewed on buttons so the pieces would not get lost.



I sewed a liner to make it nice and smooth inside. The liner also covered all my yarn ends nicely.




Here is my weighted cat. Isn't she funny? I need to stitch a real mouth and whiskers on her. I decided to Photoshop a mouth and whiskers to make her look good for this photo. Hee

11-18-10 Melina is so excited for the snow to be here. It still hasn't been sticking down here and the news said that we are going to get to about 5 (or less) degrees at night soon! OUCH!


But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. II Corinthians 3:16-18
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! I love the thought of a liner to hide all those ends that you therefore wouldn't have to weave in!! And it reminds me of a project that's shoved in a corner somewhere around here that I should probably finish. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...