God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After Thanksgiving

I am hoping that all of you had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Did you eat and eat till your guts couldn't take it anymore? I hate to admit it, but I did! When you spend the last two days making the food, you just can't sit back and not eat it all! So, today I find myself overly full and salty!
The food was fantastic...turkey, potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberries, homemade rolls and our Pumpkin and Apple pie! Couldn't get any better. We had a very enjoyable day with just us four. God has truly blessed us and we are very thankful for all He has given us.
Here are a few pictures from the last few days. We have been getting snow and the temperature has been warmer. From 6 degrees (and below) to now a nice toasty 31! It feels great. It's amazing how your body gets used to the changing temperatures and when it warms up you really feel it.
We have also been taking care of the neighborhood roaming cat. He has been living quite comfortably in our garage. Not sure when we will let him out, but I am sure he does not want to go. He loves it in there. He is a very sweet cat and LOVES us. I hope I am not getting attached. I know the girls are. Yesterday, Jade was snow blowing and such...the girls asked where Cortes (the cat) was. I had no idea, I thought he was outside and that was that, but NO...I caught him in the house frisking on our sweet Kiwi's catnip toys!!! He is not fixed nor does he have his shots, so he is not allowed in the house! I picked him up and put him back in the garage. He was purring and so happy, so I made him a catnip sock! He went crazy and purred the whole time he frisked on that sock. It was super funny. Anyway, Cortes kitty is happy and we are not sure what his future will be...

11-26-10 Olline was back at it this morning, playing in the new snow!

11-25-10 Here is Cortes (or I like to call him Cesar...that is what Jade keeps calling him). He is grooving on his catnip sock.


11-25-10 Girls having fun in the new snow yesterday.


11-25-10 Swinging in the snow



11-25-10 Melina making a deck snow angel



11-25-10 Olline super happy and thankful



11-24-10 Melina helping me make the apple pie!!!!



11-24-10 Ooooo, that looks yummy!



11-24-10 Okay, I really wanted a piece of this apple pie, but I had to wait till Thanksgiving Day!!!! The smells are soooo very tempting!


11-24-10 I do believe it was 13 degrees (or was it 8?) when I took this photo! Burrrrr!


The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...