God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doggie Treats

6-17-10 Today we made Tuna Doggie Treats

Chowder LOVES THEM!

Today Melina and I made Tuna Doggie Treats. So I thought I would share the recipe for all you dog lovers out there. If you like the smell of tuna, I say smell it up! However, I am not a huge fan of the seafood smell, so I wasn't prepared for the tuna to smell up the house. I am burning candles as I type! Though, so I don't turn you off, Chowder LOVES the Tuna Treats! So we must love him dearly, to endure the tuna smells! I am also baking our bread in the oven and am hoping it will take over the seafood aroma and give us that homemade baking smell! We will see!

Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup Cornmeal, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/4 baking powder, 5oz tuna fish (canned in oil),
1/2 cup water

1. Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. 2. Puree tuna with oil and water in food processor. 3. Blend dry ingredients with tuna puree to for dough (we ended up using our hands and worked it into a ball). 4. Place dough on floured counter and roll out, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch think. 5. Cut into shapes with desired cookie cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet. 6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

Melina tried the dough...please do not do this...she said it was nasty! You should have seen her face! :)

Also, it is raining again! LOTS OF IT! I don't think it stopped at all. Rain, rain, rain, all day long. The girls are restless. They argue a lot. I may go crazy today! HELP! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...