God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Today at the Smith's

6-2-09 Can you see my "red headed" swimmers?

6-2-09 Swimming Beauties


What beautiful weather we have had! We were about 80-85 degrees most of the day. Tomorrow will be the same. I keep hearing that thunderstorms are coming, but not sure when.

So...I am not sure if I mentioned, but we are officially done with school. PTL for a great school year. Can you believe we did it? I am in awe of it all. I am so proud of my girls this year. They both did very well. I hope to have it more organized next time and I think practice does make things better! I am so grateful for all our family and friends who have supported us on this journey. It is not an easy journey (homeschooling) and though I struggled here and there I have never once regretted our decision to keep the girls home. The Lord is great!

Today's swimming was good. Olline just plays while Melina has her team lessons. We like Wednesdays because there are fewer kids. I think there was only 4 in her group instead of the Tuesday and Thursday group where there are about 15 to 20! Melina's coach Mike is encouraging Melina to go to the next team group. She would be with older kids (teenagers) plus a few girls her age. It would also be twice as long (45 minutes longer). The girls now are swimming from 3:00-3:45pm. If Melina moves up she will be swimming from 4:00-5:30pm (school hours)! In the summer that changes (June 16th) to 6:45am-8:15am! WOW! I would be there forever! Olline would stay in her group and that means I (mom) would be there for 3 hours! We will have to see. We are not moving her up yet. I will let you all know when that happens! So in other words, Melina is swimming very well. (I hope you understood all that)

It is a nice quiet evening. All our windows are open to let the nice cool air in. It feels so good. The girls are having quiet time in their beds before they have to sleep. I am tired also...I have been up since 5:30 and I am ready for relaxation!

I just thank the Lord for all He has provided us with. He is our strength and guide and everlasting Lord! I am so glad He is in our lives.

I pray that you will all sleep well tonight and know that God is with us and watching over us! God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...