God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Monday, January 16, 2012

Craylola Chicken

Check out Craylola.  She is our other Buff Orpington girl.  She is also very sweet and funny.  She had a few problems with her down feathers near her "unmentionable" area, called a vent.  I had to cut out some poo from the backside and her feathers never grew back in.  So her bottom is a little naked.  However, she is a big, beautiful, happy chicken and she lays perfect light brown eggs.
She got a little too close in this picture.  She liked to come right up to me and look straight into my lens.  Love her! 

Here she is...Miss America!!!  If you can tell, the haze in her eye is Craylola blinking.  They have an extra layer of eye lids or something. ( I am unaware of the technical terms for birds eyes)  I caught it as she was reopening her eye!  Cool.

I think she was just posing here.  She loved my camera! 
You beautiful thing you!


Check out those feathers.  Isn't she pretty? 

Well, I think the snow may be coming.  I keep hearing it is.  We have had only a few sprinkles of snow today.
God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...