God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chicken Days

Just want to say that I love these chickens.  They are really cool creatures.  They are definitely easier than a dog or maybe even a cat.  They are friendly!  They provide food.  They sort of take care of themselves.  I love chickens! 
Here is Chicken Nugget!  She lays small eggs and are just a nice cream color.  Perfect size for an English muffin. 

Here is the Queen Elizabeth.  She is a Wyandotte chicken breed.  When she first came to us she was very scared and nervous.  She didn't like you to catch her and hold her.  However, now when you go back to greet her, she comes right up to you.  You can even pet her.  I love how beautiful she is.  She's been laying nice large dark brown eggs!

A view into the nesting box.  I love to lift the nesting box lid and find a happy chicken laying her egg.  This is Louise.  She chirps really quiet when you see her in the box.  She is my favorite.  My big Buff Orpington!  She is super friendly and loves to be held.  She lays large light brown eggs.  She has her own shape to hers too, so I can always tell it belongs to her!
I hope to post more pictures of these lovely ladies through this week. 


God Bless you all and hope that your weekend is filled with Gods love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...