God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Workout-???

 
I have been thinking whether or not to blog about working out!  I struggle in this area.  For one...truthfully I have a very hard time being motivated.  Second, I have very bad knees, shoulders, neck, and back...I am broken!  My knees flare up very easily.  My back gets sore quickly.  I have had surgery on my right should and my left is following!
I don't want to sound like a wimp, but maybe I am.  I used to be able to workout any way I wanted.  Through the years my body has slowly told me that "working out hurts".  However, I do notice that if I do not workout, my body gets worse!  I am confused. 
SO...a friend let me borrow her elliptical machine (super nice, thank you) and I thought I would try getting on that at least four day a week.  To tell the truth I think I have had this machine for a few months now and I've only used it maybe...5 times...(I think?)  SAD!
My goal is to use it four days a week (at least 30 minutes to start) with yoga afterwards.  I feel stretching is super important, especially when my joints get so painful and sore.  I do love yoga, so I'll give it a try.
I also thought, that blogging about it may help me stay motivated!  I need to be motivated!   I do feel like these days are flying by and I haven't made any effort to take care of myself.  I want to run around with my kids.  I want to feel healthy and well.  I want to take care of my body.  Why is this so hard?  I had swam for a couple years and I had to take a break due to homeschooling and the timing of the swim class.  I miss it and maybe someday I will go back, but for now, I need to work something out here!

Maybe talking about it will help.  I don't know.  If I come back and blog about it, you will know something is sticking.  If I never blog about it again...well...who knows.

I know God is there for me and all of you out there!  I know I can draw strength through Him.
God Bless

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to ride the exercise bike, too. Isn't it so easy to plan and much harder to follow through? I need a machine that lays me on it and moves my limbs. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, you just made me smile! I so wish I had a machine that picked me up and worked me out! Seems like its always "easier said than done". Well will just keep trying! We can do it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...