God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Monday, January 21, 2013

Rambling...

There are things that must be done, even if we are not wanting to do them... 
Our children have a chore chart they work on every week.  Most of the time, they do not like doing them.  However, we treat it like a "job" and the kids will get paid for the chores they finish.  So they enjoy the cash :)
Here is our daughter on dog "poo" duty!  She wasn't too happy about it, and not because she had to put on her dads jacket, mom's hat and boots, and go out in her PJ's.  It wasn't even because she had to scoop up that awful stuff.  It was because the poo wasn't cooperating with the shovel!  It kept falling off...
So when I saw this beautiful sunset and my girl in a bit of a down mood I had to take photos.  She willingly allowed me to, but she told me, "I don't want to smile today".  Okay honey, no worries, just do what your doing.    
Here she is:

Actually, in these photos she was finished with her job.  She was then just shoveling snow out of frustrations. 

I love the bright colored P.J. bottoms!

What a gorgeous evening!  LOVE sunsets.  Light is a gift from God.

5 comments:

  1. coming over from Jen's blog and the SDG link up and glad to find your post. Fun ramblings and great photos. That light in the shots is great and certainly a gift from God! glad to connect with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we all just not want to smile some days. I love that you did not make her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter hates poo duty, too! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie! A great lesson to teach your children, and one I need to be reminded of too often. Thanks for encouraging me to grab my shovel and get working on my to-do's for the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to all who commented! I hope the girls are learning lessons through these chores:) Somedays they do great and somedays it's harder to get through those chores...but then again I think we all have days like that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...