God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Canning Season is Here

It is time....time for canning.  Last year was my first year at trying this canning stuff.  I really liked it.  I liked having our own canned peaches and eating them through the winter!  So I will try it again this year.  I started with a few cans of pickled green beans.  I have never tried this, so it is an experiment for me.  I so hope we like them.  I picked our bean in the morning and had them canned by late afternoon.  I even had some dill growing in the garden to use in my recipe!  I think it worked!

I am also hoping to get more peaches to can.  I will even try canning pickled carrots!  I was hoping for our own apples this year for applesauce, but something happened to our trees and they are not producing...very sad!  I am waiting though for our tomatoes.  COME ON TOMATOES!


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." 
I Corinthians 2:9 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...