God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Friday, February 3, 2012

Crochet Elements

Sometimes I get a bit obsessive about things.  I am currently obsessed with crocheting.  I have always loved crocheting.  My mom taught me when I was probably 8 or so (give or take).  I was going to crochet my own doll in a frog costume, but due to the fact that I couldn't find the yarn I needed I started to create my own dolls.  Here are the first two.  They will be a set of "element" dolls.  You know, earth, fire, water, air?  So here are Earth and Water.  What do you think? 

Here is my Earth doll in his cute little tree like hat! 

Here is my Water doll.  He has a special hat with white embroidered edging to represent the ocean wave. 

Here are both my dolls.  They both have cute scarves.  The Earth doll has a scarf that is like lichen in the forest.  You know that stuff that hangs off the trees.  Then my Water doll has a scarf that looks like it has waves on it. 
They stand about 12" tall.
 

So here they are.  I will be working on my next two soon.  Fire and Air!  Hope you like them.  I know my 8 year old daughter does.  She sleeps with them every night too!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...