God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update

I have no idea why I struggle to keep this blog updated! At least once a week is what I was hoping for.  I seem to let "life" get in my way! There has been a lot going on, but mostly just regular life! Here's a recap:


We have been working hard at school!  Here my daughter was reading Laura Ingalls Wilder: A Biography.  It was a very good book.  She has long since finished it and is onto reading Gone Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright.  So proud that my girls love reading.  I struggled with it as a kid and I prayed that the Lord would help our girls to love it...and they do!  
Always lots going on during our Homeschooling.  So happy with how the year is going.  Love our Heart of Dakota curriculum for Olline.  Melina is doing super well with her studies, but we are looking forward to a change for next year.  Still praying as to what curriculum we will be using!  Possibly the one from My Fathers World.  She also finished her Science project she had to present infront of her peers and teacher.  She did her report on popcorn!  She did a super duper job!  Aced it!  Yeah!!!

On this day the girls had fun making Valentine cupcakes!  YUM!  They were delicious!
This was the start of February!  Look at that snow.  However, the glorious sun came out and it was a great time to throw a toy for our Bison Boy!  He has grown up so fast!


Olline loves to hold the chickens!  These girls are so sick of the snow and we all can't wait for some green grass!  (Update: Snow has melted, the grass is seeing the sun!  Can't wait to get into that garden!)

Come on Bison!  Bring it!  Bring it!  Good BOY!  Good Dog!  I love you buddy!

This was on Feb. 9th.  Our poor Hen...named Duck!  (I know...isn't that crazy?  My husband named her!  She lays big huge eggs like a duck too!)  She got egg bound.  Her egg was stuck inside her.  The scary thing is they continue to produce eggs even if one is stuck.  So we tried to give her a water bath.  Melina sat with her for a while to dry her off.  Today, she seems to be better.  She still isn't laying, but she is eating and drinking and seems full of life.  Hmmm?
YEAH!  This picture I just took today.  We decided to get new chicks!  We got them on March 6th!  EIGHT of them!  Two Rhode Island reds, two Barred Rocks, and four Buff Orpingtons!  WE LOVE THEM!  They have grown like crazy and they are only two weeks old.  Their cute little feathers are coming in and they are the most active critters ever!  LOVE THEM! (I think I already said that, but I just love them!)  The only sad part is, we are going to have to cull our other girls.  This will be my first experience with this!  I am nervous.  I just can't have 15 chickens in my backyard.  Plus our hens are not laying, but maybe two eggs here and there.  So it's time.  Not sure how I feel about it though!


My husband and I just finished our Bible study group last Sunday as well!  It was the most wonderful thing we have done.  I am so thankful we joined that group.  We have met the greatest people.  We have learned so much as well.  Learned a lot about ourselves and about God!  The Holy Spirit has guided us in growing closer to our Heavenly Father and I am so excited to see where He takes us next.  We will have a Life Group starting on April 7th here at our home!  This is really stepping out of our box!  I am a little nervous, but mostly super excited.  To actually watch and see how God works in all our lives is the most thrilling thing someone can go through!

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.  Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.  Galatians 5:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...