God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Monday, April 30, 2012

Food for Thought

Busy, Busy, Busy...why do we feel this way.  Our church even talked about this.  What would happen if we knew we only had one day left here on this earth?  How would we choose to live that day?  Would it change?  Would you feel different about your daily choices?  Would we be so "busy"?  Are we really busy or do we choose to be busy? 
Life does seem to get a little hectic.  We allow it to fill up with all sorts of things.  Our priorities sometimes get out of wack.  We feel pressured and overwhelmed. 
What if we lived like today is our last?  What would you do different?

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered- how fleeting my life is. 
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.  My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;  at best, each of us is but a breath."
We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.  We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it.
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?  My only hope is in you.
Psalm 39:4-7

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome Di! I love this verse. You are so precious to post this beautiful passage. I love you more than words can say. I am so proud that you are mine! God bless you my love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...