God Has Blessed Our Day

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chickens Roosted

Here are all the ladies. No eggs yet. We are hoping to see a few "first" eggs in September. I am so eggcited (sorry, I had to) to see the first ones!

This is what the ladies look like when they get ready for the night. They peck their way on this roosting pole to get the perfect spot. Most of the time "Craylola" (the second chicken from the right) pecks at all the chickens to "prove" she is the leader. Amazing when she was the one that almost didn't make it as a chick. Poor Nugget in the front here gets the most of the pecking. However, I have noticed the girls settling in just fine with Nugget lately. She is still at the bottom of things, but I think she is more accepted. I have learned that chickens are just crazy! And I am crazy about them!!!


Lamentations 3:22-24 The Faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...